SOUTHERN OREGON CHAPTER
I. CALL TO ORDER/ INTRODUCTIONS @12:01 pm
INTERNATIONAL CODE COUNCIL
~ MINUTES ~
March 30, 2017 / 12:00 P.M.
Community Justice Bldg., 1101 W. Main St., Medford, OR
- Members and guests in attendance, CJ Marincus, Alex Rodriguez, Jay Stine, Frank Wharregard, Chase Browning, Derek Zwagerman, Breck Cook, Robert Rice, Jim Akery, Chad Wiltrout, Mary Montague, Ted Zuk, Jay Henry, Matthew Polts
II. APPROVAL OF MINUTES
- Motion by Chase Browning to approve minutes, 2nd by Robert Rice - Motion carried
III. REPORT OF OFFICERS
- Treasurer's Report by CJ Marincus Account is up by $6.77. Will be sending out reminder emails for members to pay for your memberships very soon, also please see CJ to pay for todays lunch.
IV. GUEST SPEAKERS
- James McPherson Simpson Strong-tie James gave a power point presentation on the new product catalogs on general construction with lateral and deck connections with some good participation from the attendees.
- Jay Henry BCD Some talk on tiny homes, but no decision yet from the legislature.
V. UNFINISHED BUSINESS
1 Night catered dinner on the beach & 2 Days of lunch vouchers at the Chowder House. Register online @ https://www.soc-icc.org
- 2017 ABM Registration is now open. The price is $200.00 and includes 1 full day of ICC and AIA accredited continuing education. Classes will be taught by ICC instructor Terrell Stripling. The classes are the IRC Residential Deck Construction & 2015 IBC Fire Resistance & Hazardous Uses.
- Inspector/Contractor Forum - has been set for May 9th in Medford.
- MATH COUNTS Update on SOC-ICC Donation Derek - The Rogue Valley Chapter of the Professional Engineers of Oregon made a $100.00 donation to MathCounts.
VI. NEW BUSINESS
President: Jay Stine
- SOC-ICC OFFICERS Jeremy Payne has moved out of the area. New officers are as follows.
Vise President: CJ Marincus
Treasurer: Alex Rodriguez
- Reminder that May is Building Safety Month
VII. OPEN DISCUSSION
- ICC CODE DEVELOPE SCHEDULE Ted Zuk mention that the schedule is out. You have until June to get on a ICC committee if you like, just get on line and tell them you want to be on the committee. If your able to get on, you will be helping in writing code for up and coming code cycles.
- ICC ANNUAL CONFERENCE Will be held in Columbus Ohio this year on September 10-12. Ted said that they are worth going to.
- LEGISLATION Ted Zuk talked about some of the House Bills being discuss in the legislation that are hot topics. Some of the ones of interest are HB2153, HB2737, HB 2907, HB3189, HB2937, HB2938, HB2168, and HB 2183. Ted made a motion to have the SOC-ICC discuss possibility of forming a Chapter Legislative Committee to provide a voice from the SOC-ICC on the HBs. After a discussion, the motion was modified to have the Chapter form an Immediate SOC-ICC Legislation Committee to provide a voice for the SOC-ICC. Second by Jay Motion carried.
- Chase Browning Medford Fire NFSA to come out for 1 day of training on NFPA 13 Sprinkler Installation Requirements at our July 27th SOC-ICC meeting held at Medford FS #4 on Table Rock rd. Receive .7 CEU. More info. To come.
VIII. NEXT MEETING
- Next meeting 04/20/17 @ 12pm @ Community Justice Building., 1101 W. Main St., Medford, OR
- Meeting adjourned @ 1:40