SOUTHERN OREGON CHAPTER
INTERNATIONAL CODE COUNCIL
~ MINUTES ~
February 22 2018
Community Justice Building
1101 W. Main St., Medford, Or
I. CALL TO ORDER/ INTRODUCTIONS @ 12:17 p.m.
·Members and guests in attendance: Alex Rodriguez, Jay Stine, Mary Montague, Robert Rice, Jim Akery, Tanner Fairrington, Michael Meyer, Tim Stacy, Ted Zuk and Cliff Pettigrew
II. APPROVAL OFMINUTES
- Motion made by Robert to approve minutes from January 18, 2018 as written; 2nd by Alex. Motion carried.
III. REPORTS OF OFFICERS
- Treasurer’s Operating Report by Alex. Current Balance is $3,836
IV. Guest Speaker’s
- Tom Phillips,BCD; was not able to attend
- Bill Voss, 38 yrs. EWP Specialist and Dave Mello, WY Account Rep are bringing us the “Good, bad, and ugly” of EWP installations. Very informative presentation. They offer *safe jobsite *provides training *Instruction for product on jobsite and more.
V. UNFINISHED BUSINESS
VI. NEW BUSINESS
- Please ask the contractors you work with if they have anything they would like to discuss or if there are codes being called differently in jurisdictions.
- Jack Applegate has been nominated for 3 awards: Gerald H. Jones Code Official of the Year; Raising the Profile Award; and ICC Community Service Award. Gary Lampella who nominated Jack is asking for support from our group. After discussion it was decided for all the things he has helped us we would put in a nomination letter.
VII. OPEN DISCUSSION
- Discussed Fire blocking at chase andfireplacelids R302.11
- Discussed Max story height before engineering required R301.3. 10’-7” Robert had some code language on this.
- Discussed IBW spacing and terminations/starting points R602.10.1.3,R602.10.2.2.1
- Tanner wanted to know if anyone has or see any concerns with Appendix N. If so contact him at the City of Medford.
VIII. NEXT MEETING
Motion made by Alex to Adjourn meeting, Ted 2nd. Meeting adjourned at 1:56 p.m.
- March 22, 2018, Tap Rock Grill, Grants Pass,Or