SOUTHERN OREGON CHAPTER
INTERNATIONAL CODE COUNCIL
~ MINUTES ~
I. CALL TO ORDER/INTRODUCTIONS
Taprock Northwest Grill
971 SE 6th St, Grants Pass, Or
- Meeting was called to order at 12:16 p.m.
- Members Present: Jay Stine, Mary Montague, CJ Marincus, Chase Browning, Jim Akery, Jay Henry, Breck Cook, Frank Wharregard, Gary Duckworth, Ted Zuk, Ken Sandlin, Joelen Wood, Tom Venzon, Chad Wiltrout, Jake Wordle, Alex Rodriguez, Mark Unger, Steve Raterman, Jon Henson, Derek Neft, Cliff Pettigrew, Robert Rice.
II. APPROVAL OF MINUTES
- Minutes from June 28,2018 motion to approve by CJ Marincus, Alex Second, minutes approved as written.
III. REPORTS OF OFFICERS
IV. GUEST SPEAKER
- Treasurer’s Operating Report presented by Alex.
- Allowed Jay Henry from BCD speak before guest speaker. Reach code will affect the “tiny house”. Will be up to the builder to use. Will go before the structures board August 1st. For local codes to make more decisions for local building official. Will be on BCD’s website to look at code. They are on track for the 2019 OSSC adoption. Appendix N will cease; separate fire code will put into code. Discussion followed. Will be offering training course for Fire Life Safety Plans Examiner in January 2019 and A-Level Plans Examiner and Inspector in the Spring.
- Guest Speakers were Steve Raterman, Territory Manager and Jon Henson, Regional Training Manager of GAF America’s Largest Roofing Manufacturer. Talked about venting and the importance of. Talked about the importance of application and warranties. Talked about the importance of training. Several questions, good discussion and presentation.
V. UNFINISHED BUSINESS
VI. NEW BUSINESS
- SOC-ABM is August 16th and 17th at Diamond Lake. Reserve rooms ASAP. Thursday classes will be 2012 IBC Exit Systems and 2012IBC Fire- Resistance and Hazardous Uses. Sign up on the SOC-ICC website.
- Flyers Available Register on-line Today!
VII. OPEN DISCUSSION
- Nominations for New SOC-ICC Board CJ Marincus – President; Steven Matiaco – Vice President; Breck Cook – Treasurer; Matthew Potts – Secretary. There were no other nominations from the floor. Robert Rice made a motion to accept nominations; Chase 2nd; All voted in favor to accept the new board as nominated.
- Still are asking for forms/handouts between jurisdictions. Asking for one person from each jurisdiction to meet after our Thursday meetings to go over forms and handouts after they have been all collected.
VIII. NEXT MEETING
- Chase – Reminder for class on August 9th & 10th Sprinkler System Plan Review; Also a lunch & learn for free on August 8th, Fire Sprinkler Coalition, need to RVSP for lunch.
- Mary – Brought up on Continuously Sheathed method of framing Gypsum Board is no longer allowed for interior braced wall panels under new code. Everyone is aware.
- Motion made by Jay to adjourn meeting. Chase 2nd, meeting adjourned.
- August 16th and 17th, 2018; Annual Business Meeting at Diamond Lake Resort – 350 Resort Dr., Chemult, OR; cost $200 for 2-day event includes classes, lunch, dinner and meeting. Go to website for more information.
Minutes provided by Mary Montague