| / SOCICC / Classes / IRC - 2015 IRC Wood Wall Bracing
IRC - 2015 IRC Wood Wall Bracing
SAVE THE DATE – June 20, 2019
The Class: 2015 IRC Wood Wall Bracing
CEU Credit: ICC 6 Contact Hours and AIA IC9348 Approved
When: Thursday, June 20, 2019, 8:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.; 1 hr. Lunch at 11:30; The Monthly Business Meeting will take place during the lunch break at 12:00
Where: Community Justice Building, First Floor Conference Room, Suite 101,
1101 W. Main Street, Medford, OR
The Cost BY 5/17/2019: $195.00 for members which includes Hot Lunch
$245.00 for non-members which includes Hot Lunch
AFTER 5/17/2019: $245.00 FOR MEMBERS; $295.00 FOR NON-MEMBERS
RSVP REQUIRED: Please RSVP to Breck at 541-774-6924 or CookSB@jacksoncounty.org
Payment by mail to: Breck Cook, 10 South Oakdale Ave., Room 100, Medford, OR
This seminar provides a comprehensive explanation of the 2015 International Residential Code® (IRC®) Wood Wall bracing requirements. The seminar will focus on basic requirements and clarify the application of wall bracing provisions in the IRC wall bracing Sections R602.10 thru R602.12.
GOAL: Participants will successfully apply the provisions of te 2015 IRC to case studies involving bracing requirements for wood-framed residential structures in their region.
The following publication is recommended to ensure success in the course:
- 2015 International Residential Code® (IRC®)
- The 2017 ORSC is based on the 2015 IRC
Sandra Hyde, P.E.
- Identify the forces that act on a house.
- Describe the history of bracing and how it works.
- Apply wall bracing provisions of the IRC.
- Describe the physical limits under which bracing can be used.
- Determine how much bracing is required, and how adjustment factors are applied.
- Recognize special considerations for bracing.
- Apply attachment details, and pony and cripple wall details.
The above document(s) are Adobe® Acrobat® PDF files and may be viewed using the free Adobe® Acrobat® Reader™. Most newer web browsers already contain the Adobe® Acrobat® Reader™ plug-in. However, if you need it, click on the "Get Acrobat® Reader™" icon to download it now.